Everything you need to know about lemon.
Our yellow mellow little friend, which is almost our one-step solution to so many problems, is here at your doorstep. From being the cure to heat strokes as a lemonade to being the cure for skin issues, Lemon has been a helpful friend always.
Origin of Lemons-
They are known to have originated from the north-western India. They have been cultivated in Iran and Egypt since around 700 AD and in southern Italy around 200 AD.
Nutritious ingredients of Lemon-
Mainly, Lemon is a rich source of Vitamin C. It’s a citrus fruit that originated from the family Rutaceous.
Did you know?
Almost 95% of the entire lemon production is done in California and Arizona.
Botanical classification of Lemons-
- Botanical Name: Citrus limon
- Plant type: Spreading bush.
- Grows in which soil: Light loam.
- Blooming time: Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter
- Colors of flowers: Bright Yellow
- Sun exposure time: Full Sun,
- pH of the soil: Neutral to Acidic
Surprising facts about Lemons-
- A lemon contributes to the making of lemon curd, lemon liquor and marmalade.
- If you want to store Lemons, squeeze the juice into the ice cube trays and leave them to freeze in the freezer.
- They require a minimum temperature of around 7°C to grow.
- The top five countries that produce lemons are India, China, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil and the United States of America.
California and Arizona are also one of the biggest Lemon producers.
- The genetic origin of lemons is said to be a hybrid cross of Citron and Bitter Orange.
- The origin of this word ‘Lemon’ might be Middle Eastern. Because of their rare availability, people cultivated lemons so seldom that they would present them to kings as gifts.
- The heaviest lemon in the world weighs around 5.265 kgs. The circumference of the lemon was around 74 cm and height were 35 cm.
- On an average, the lifespan of lemon timber is about 50 years. With proper look after and Disease prevention measures, a tree can live over a hundred years.
- The lemon tree is a small and evergreen tree which reaches three to six meters (10 to twenty feet) when at a peak height and generally possess sharp thorns at the twigs.
- The flora is mildly aromatic and can be solitary. There can be 2 or extra clustered flora withinside the leaf axils. The fruit is oval with a broad, low, apical nipple and bureaucracy eight to ten segments. The yellow outer rind, or peel, becomes thick in some varieties when they ripen and is densely packed with oil glands. The albedo or mesocarp, which is the white and spongy internal part of the peel, tastes mostly bland and primarily provides the commercial grades of pectin. The seeds are very small, also ovoid, and pointy; sometimes end results come to be seedless. The pulp is acidic in nature.
- The nutritional ingredients of lemons include folate, niacin, thiamin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus and protein. In addition to all these, lemon also consists of flavonoids, which in turn consist of antioxidants and many properties which help fight the cancer. It is extremely beneficial in diabetes, constipation, excessive BP, fever, indigestion. Not only that it enhances the skin, hair, and teeth health.
- Lemons also possess quite effective antibacterial properties; experiments have proved that the juice of lemons could break the microorganism of cholera, malaria, diphtheria, typhoid and a lot of lethal diseases.
- In India, Ayurveda considers lemon as a fruit and for its medicinal properties.
Do read about our beloved Pomegranate as well.
Along with these facts, there are lots of Skincare and haircare DIYs you can prepare using Lemons. It reduces the dark spots and blemishes on the skin. It strengthens the hairs and reduces dandruff and much more.
Mandigate delivers fresh Vegetables, fruits and much more to your doorstep. Do pick up that phone and Do give your valuable feedback at email@example.com or WhatsApp us at 8383823335
and dial the number. We’d be really glad to assist you. Stay safe!